Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Just Wonderin'

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

"We can have facts without thinking but we cannot have thinking without facts"
John Dewey


My blog has, in the past, been critiqued as sometimes being too "heady," too serious, and oftentimes not fun or funny enough, especially considering my goofball sense of humor.

I'm willing to accept the criticism and my response has been that my sense of humor is most often a response to the goings on in the world.
What's going on in my world today?

In a lot of ways I'm seeing no "let down" of the political harshness towards "the other side(s)" even after this political election, and that includes hundreds of people I call my friends.
I find this fact to be both interesting and sad.

So, here's my question
, and I welcome your sincere response - though neither my question nor your response may be considered fun or funny:

If I were to say to you (and I am) that Keith Olbermann is not fully correct and Bill O'Reilly is not fully correct - but that the God who created you is, would that statement make any difference in your life today?

Simple question, but I sincerely and humbly ask it and hope for your response.
My promise to you is that the next blog will be more fun!

Thanks for being my friend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your comment. Was just discussing with a friend of mine the lack of places we could go to get unbiased information - from the right or the left. I guess it would not make that much difference because I already agree. Would love to go on and on and give you my two cents and let you know how disappointed I am in the attitude of some of my friends, but I would. Just that God is in control, was in control, will be in control. And I am going to keep praying that he guide our nation and its leaders, just as I would no matter who was in office.

Anonymous said...

Okay, read my comment and it did not make much sense, sorry. Knew what I was saying, but it did make it out of my brain and into my fingers. Anyway - I think many sources of information are biased, and it is not just a "liberal main stream media" thing. Conservative entities also seem to provide information that promotes their agenda. So it is hard to find totally unbiased info anywhere. And your comment, Adaryll I already agree with, so while it was not earth shattering to hear, I am glad you said it.

Anonymous said...

Me again. I am feeling weird about commenting because I have decided I am not really qualified to, as I don't really watch either guy, I just know what their leanings are. So you can ignore my comments or take them very lightly because I am not the most informed person on the block. Oh, and sorry for the multiple comments - but now you look almost as popular as Jen!

Adaryll Jordan said...

EVERYBODY is qualified to comment.
This is America!