Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wacky Wednesday 4 - "Crazy little thing called love (of God)"

"Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor."
-Romans 12:10 ESV

Today's Wacky Wednesday subject is...me.
Sometimes I get so crazy with the "goings on" of my life that I forget to stop and do the simple things. When I fail to enjoy or ignore intentionally loving people...man, that's crazy!

Yesterday I thanked my administrative assistant for all of the work she's doing to get me prepared for Sunday at HCBC. If you read my previous post, Sunday is the 1st New Member Celebration (I called it New Member Orientation in Indiana) at Hill Country Bible Church. She responded to my email with, what I described to her later, as one of the greatest compliments I could ever receive:

"Thanks Adaryll. I appreciate you too. Your commitment to this church and your family is amazing!"

She ministered to me in 3 sentences. Truly my two top priorities in life are to love God and to love my family. I actively try to live out loving God by loving His church for which His Son died. He fills me with His Holy Spirit so that I can overflow with His love onto others, beginning with my family. What a compliment! I got blessed by 16 words. How crazy am I to not remember to continually obey the command of this passage and bless others more often?

God gives us commands for our good. What a great God!
Moment by moment, day by day, we have the opportunity to do this.
what are you going to do to obey God and not be 'Wacky' today? This week? This Month? This Year? In your lifetime?

No comments: